Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Learn how to protect your digital privacy and stay safe online
The 4 Essential Tools You Need to Stay Private Online

Citizens around the world are waking up to the fact that their digital privacy is under attack. We are witnessing what is known as 'function creep'; the gradual widening of the use of technologies beyond the purposes for which they were originally intended.

The World Wide Web was designed to be a collaborative space, where users could communicate through sharing information. It has evolved to be so much more than that. It is engrained in our social fabric and has become an extension of our physical world.

• United Nations Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) 1948, Article 12: 

• International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) 1966, Article 17

• American Convention on Human Rights,  Article 11

• American Declaration of the Rights and Duties of Man, Article 5

• European Convention on Human Rights, Article 8
In fact, more than 130 countries have constitutional statements regarding the protection of privacy, in every corner of the world.
Despite near-universal acceptance that privacy is a right that carries the same credence as life itself, many of us remain numb to its persistent erosion; and the very agencies that we charge with protecting our ways of life are the ones responsible for their demise. 
At ProPrivacy, we say that enough is enough. It's time for us, the people, to take up [proverbial] arms and fight for our right digital privacy. If you want to join the fight, you've come to the right place.

"It's time to recognise the internet as a basic human right. That means guaranteeing affordable access for all, ensuring internet packets are delivered without commercial or political discrimination, and protecting the privacy and freedom of web users regardless of where they live." ~ Sir Tim Berners-Lee

Read on, a very useful article.

Also in this article,The Best VPN Services for 2019

PS: I want to add from myself, I don’t understand how CyberGhost got into second place with them, which is rather doubtful, and I even argue with that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FTC: Protect Women’s Privacy Bjyda 0 988 02-28-2021 , 09:23 AM
Last Post: Bjyda
  How can a Security Solution keep your Devices, Privacy and Personal Data Safe mrtrout 0 1,123 12-20-2020 , 01:34 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Protect your privacy online guardian 0 1,090 04-22-2020 , 01:13 AM
Last Post: guardian
  FaceApp’s popularity sparks privacy concerns, but when will we learn? Herran 2 2,506 07-27-2019 , 05:36 PM
Last Post: Herran
  8 apps to protect your privacy online Sasha 7 3,106 07-06-2019 , 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sasha