Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Cryptojacking: What is it and how do I guard against it?
Cryptojacking: What is it and how do I guard against it?

The term “cryptocurrency,” a combination of “cryptography” and “currency,” alludes to the fact that cryptocurrencies are a form of digital money that uses cryptographic keys to identify its account holders and signatures to authenticate transactions. Cryptocurrencies only enter circulation through “mining,” a process that’s used both for creating new units of the currency and securing the ledger from tampering.

The mining process typically involves powerful, high-performance computers, which miners use to compete with one another to reap rewards. Before cryptocurrencies became as popular as they are today, it was possible to mine them with regular computers. Now, however, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are typically mined in extensive farms that feature hundreds of computers working in unison and around the clock.

read more

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bitcoin Cryptojacking Attack Forces University to Disable Entire Network mrtrout 0 1,697 11-07-2018 , 04:38 PM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Cryptojacking surges and here’s what to do about it mrtrout 0 1,425 09-22-2018 , 03:38 AM
  Cryptojacking Attack Found on Los Angeles Times Website mrtrout 0 1,393 02-23-2018 , 02:24 AM