Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Kaspersky puts users at risk
"Kaspersky promises security and data protection. However, a data leak allowed third parties to spy on users while they were surfing the web. For years.
A strange discovery on my office computer led me to unearth an astonishing data leak caused by Kaspersky’s antivirus software. Originally, I had installed the software in order to experience the promised added value during everyday use. We, journalists at c’t magazine, regularly test antivirus software, and this was part of a test for our c’t issue 3/2019.
The following weeks and months seemed to offer little excitement – the Kaspersky software worked essentially as well or as badly as Windows Defender. One day, however, I made a strange discovery. I looked at the HTML source code of an arbitrary website and came across the following line of code:

[Image: 0d031567d4ca79ad174d70b516928e0d2357582f.png]

Obviously, an external JavaScript script named main.js was being loaded from a Kaspersky domain. This is not uncommon, since a website nowadays hardly works without external JavaScript resources. However, when I checked the HTML source of other websites displayed in my browser, I found the strange code on each and every page. Without exception, even on the website of my bank, a script from Kaspersky was introduced. So I had an inkling that the Kaspersky software might have something to do with it."

Source : https://forum.glasswire.com/uploads/defa...57582f.png
https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Kasper-S...96138.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation BlueKeep PoC demonstrates risk of Remote Desktop exploit baziroll 0 1,885 07-08-2019 , 01:07 AM
Last Post: baziroll
  Kaspersky to Move Data of Most Users From Russia to Switzerland tarekma7 0 3,214 05-19-2018 , 12:31 AM
Last Post: tarekma7