Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
[News] WhatsApp’s desktop app won’t need your mobile phone’s connection
WhatsApp’s desktop app won’t need your mobile phone’s connection

There has been a desktop version of WhatsApp since 2015 when the messaging app released WhatsApp web. On its own, WhatsApp web works well as a PC version of the Facebook-owned app. It looks similar to the mobile app and has much the same feature set, although you can’t make voice or video calls from WhatsApp Web. It is so handy that, thanks to this neat Softonic tutorial, I often use WhatsApp Web as my go-to solution for sending files and photos quickly, easily, and securely from my phone to my PC and vice versa.

There is one catch, however, when it comes to WhatsApp Web and that is that it doesn’t work unless you link it to your phone. Once your phone is linked, you’ll be able to use WhatsApp Web as long as your phone is connected to the internet, even if you don’t have it with you. Without that connection though, WhatsApp Web is useless. All you’ll get is a page asking you to link your phone. It has now come out though, that this might be about to change.

Read more

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tip] Find Your Lost Android Mobile Phone Without Installing 3rd Party Apps tarekma7 0 2,757 07-06-2016 , 01:38 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
Question How do you charge your Mobile Phone? guardian 1 2,155 02-21-2016 , 02:56 AM
Last Post: Mike