Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Monsoon rains paralyse Mumbai with worst flooding in a decade

Quote:Annual monsoon rains have crippled India’s financial capital Mumbai since the beginning of July. The worst flooding in a decade brought waist-deep water and chaos to the city, leaving at least 20 people dead.

South of Mumbai, in the port city of Ratnagiri, a dam and walls collapsed due to the rains, killing at least 11 people on July 4.
Yup on July 2nd here. I live in Mumbai so, it was sad and surprising, and almost horrific. I left my office at 11:45 PM and other employees go by Office bus, or rickshaw or other public transports or Uber... but I like to walk. It is a 50 minutes walk from my office to the Railway station, so I wasn't aware of how serious the conditions were (since I never watch news) and how the rain had affected everything and caused such havoc and all.

So a little 10 minutes after walking, and I see the roads are full of water and till waist high deep. So I had no option but to walk inside that water and from such a route. And when I finally reached the railway station, the trains going to my side of the home...they were all cancelled. So I found some of my office mates and we started using our apps and trying to book a Uber, Ola cabs.....but no cabs could be booked. So we decided to go back to the office and stay there till morning, and in all this time, suddenly an announcement was done, and one train came and we all boarded it and reached our home. I reached at 3:05 AM and watched Lucifer on Netflix after that and slept around 4:30 AM. The next day I did not go to the office because my parents and family suggested so.

My parents are in village now still, so all this happened while I was alone so they were so so scared and kept messaging, calling me like every single minute...all of the family members.

I still cannot believe how all this happened because in my opinion, the rain isn't that heavy, but yes, it may have happened because of the 2 to 3 days regular rain.

I didn't play this video or read much, because again, I don't want to know much about things and news like this and such.

Rainy season always makes me sad for the poor people. I never really liked rain but it is a necessary evil I guess.. i.e the water cycle balance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Decade of Sun tarekma7 0 979 06-28-2020 , 10:15 PM
Last Post: tarekma7