Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Real Life Usage Review of Norton Security Premium
Hi all,

I have seen many people don't know which antivirus will suits their need and what is the most common feature that makes the specific security suite a perfect fit for you. So, here I am just giving my short review on Norton Security Premium after a week of usage. It may help some people find the suitable security suite.

Last used AV - Emsisoft Antimalware
Currently Using - Norton Security Premium (or Deluxe, doesn't matter if talking about Windows PC only)
Power User Level - 4/5 (This level decides how much I know about AV and their tweaks in Settings)

First thing I noticed different from Emsisoft is there are lot of settings you can play with in Norton. Scan time for Quick Scan is comparable on both. But Norton Insight feature gives Norton an edge over Emsisoft. It is a very useful feature that use the leverages of large Norton community. Also, I liked their graphical report which is missing in Emsisoft though it is also a deal breaking feature. 
However, I felt that Norton LiveUpdates are little slow in processing the update and get installed. But, if get installed in background, it should not be a decision making mark. Moreover, you have cloud storage and Password Manager which is a plus if you get all in one subscription though I am not using them for now. You have peformance Optimiser Tools which is good. In short, with Norton installation on my PC, I can uninstall 3-4 software that will not be useful as basic functionality of all is present in Norton whereas Emsisoft is just a security suite with no addon tools.

This is just a real life review which doesn't include the technical aspects of both. You can search on google if you want to compare them. This is just random stuff I thought and have posted it.
Pardon me for my english usage here as this is just a casual review Smile
Thanks for this info gdant
Yeah its similar experience for me. I used the Norton license that Dhruv gave me & later Emsisoft. Norton felt slightly lighter. But Emsisoft is better at auto updates, then again it broke the UI in one auto update & later version fixed it. Norton has a full suite, like Avira,  that include the extra system tools, now even the cloud sync. Webroot had a same package for complete version but I think it does not have a password manager.

I have quite forgotten why I uninstalled Norton but its most likely due to some interfere with network connection or something.
(04-16-2019 , 04:55 AM)tregs_beales Wrote: Yeah its similar experience for me. I used the Norton license that Dhruv gave me & later Emsisoft. Norton felt slightly lighter. But Emsisoft is better at auto updates, then again it broke the UI in one auto update & later version fixed it. Norton has a full suite, like Avira,  that include the extra system tools, now even the cloud sync. Webroot had a same package for complete version but I think it does not have a password manager.

I have quite forgotten why I uninstalled Norton but its most likely due to some interfere with network connection or something.

Norton may interfere with network because it does not rely on Windows Firewall. The same problem arised with me when I installed Eset Internet Security but Emsisoft uses windows firewall with some enhancements. That's why Chances of Network Issues are very less Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  got norton security deluxe mrtrout 0 1,675 09-16-2016 , 02:07 AM
Last Post: mrtrout