Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Winja 5.0 finally released (VirusTotal Uploader)
https://www.phrozen.io/2018/12/winja-5-0...-released/       Winja 5.0 finally released            This version required a lot of time to be ready for release, mostly because of a lack of time. Winja and other freeware have low priority for development and coding. For the last two years, I’ve been overwhelmed by other projects for my company. To be more productive, I have created two large frameworks which are now tested on Winja:

Phrozen Engine: A set of modern visual components which reproduce several options offered by the famous CSS through Browser Graphical Engine. Phrozen Engine is mostly coded using GDI/GDI+ and Direct2D. Since they are native, applications don’t require any additional frameworks to be run, and are produced lightweight.
Phrozen System: A set of components that interact directly with the system (User Level) and graft to the Phrozen Engine.

For the moment, only three big components have been used and tested: VirusTotal Uploader, Networking Process and HTTP Transmission (Download).

I now strategically use the PPL (Parallel Programming Library) to enhance the multi-threading efficiency of work tasks.

The application is distributed as two standalone Windows PE executable releases: one for 32bit systems and another for 64bit systems.

Note: You can’t run a 32bit release on a 64bit system (it was intentionally blocked to ensure the best possible user experience. Winja has been optimized for the 64bit system). And, of course, you can’t run a 64bit release at all on a 32bit system.

I’m also pleased to announce that Winja is finally fully portable (standalone), so you don’t have to install any dependencies on your system.

This was done through a component I created (which is included in Phrozen System as well) that creates a virtual workspace for the application in local user APPDATA.

All the required DLL’s, data sources, fonts and data files are extracted and mounted directly from there.

This release focused exclusively on the following:

stability and responsivity
graphical interface

Future releases will focus on functionality.

Before going through the change log, I would like to clarify that you can no longer view scanning results graphically on Winja. Instead, you will now need to click on the target row or through the Popup Menu to open the VirusTotal link. This is neither a big issue nor a big change. The VirusTotal detail page is much more complete.

Of course, you still can see the detection ratio graphically through Winja from List View, History or Notifications.

I made the decision to carefully respect the VirusTotal API rules, and to not offend antivirus companies who provide very effective solutions.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind my users that Winja is not an anti-malware/antivirus solution of any kind; it is simply a tool to help you focus on potential threats. I will never add removal functions to remove all ambiguity.

Having an up-to-date and active antivirus is essential.

Available Command Lines
--background: Run the program in background (Appear in system tray only)
--scan: Scan a list of files separated by a comma (ex: --scan=”file1.exe, file2.exe, file3.exe”)

Change Log:
The Interface has been recreated from scratch, with the Phrozen Engine implemented throughout 99% of the UI.
Download & Scan now support resume if canceled or if a task is cleanly closed by user.
The VirusTotal Scanning Interface has been revisited from scratch, and now includes the use of PPL for parallelism. The UI is now more responsive and supports more tasks at the same time.
The Notification System is friendlier. It can be set as “stick” or “time expire”, and its position in Desktop is customizable.
The Networking Process has been completely revisited, and is the first feature to implement a “Caption Bar Marquee”.
Some List views have begun to be standardized.
The embedded result list was removed from the program in order to respect the API EULA.
SQLite3 was removed and replaced by a more adapted database engine.
The VirusTotal link is now attached to the new version of VirusTotal.
The Command line has been optimized and supports single or multiple file scans.
Several known bugs and glitches were fixed.
The application is now standalone (portable).
Update System was temporarily removed. I prefer using the official website until Update System is implemented.
https://www.phrozen.io/freeware/winja/5.1/     Winja v5.1
Winja is a lightweight but powerful tool for discovering malware hiding on your system. Winja allows you to scan any file or process with the Google VirusTotal Multi Engine Scanner and also provides deeper analysis using the advanced tools to hunt down and eliminate malware.

Sha1 : 7d9893d34921ccbfc05ca7cd5ec9e4ba43e9165b
Sha256 : 3c7bddc278f9c2994f9ad9e29bee7166d3c72da7e898423edb767c0694140eb8     2018 Phrozen SAS   :    100% Scanned Malware Free & Clean With Zemana  Anti Malware Portable

Digital Signature : ( PHROZEN SOFTWARE ( PHROZEN SAS)  Scanned Both The Standard Exe & Portable version Both Were 100% Clean & Free Of Any Malware Traces Of Anykind
thnaks good work
100% Scanned Malware Free & Clean With Comodo Cloud Antivirus  & Digital Signature :  ( PHROZEN SOFTWARE ( PHROZEN SAS)
This Software Vendor Is On Comodo Trusted Vendors List As : ( The Following Software Vendor Digitally Sign their Files And Their Files Are Trusted) 

Digital Signature Information: ( Countersignature : Countersigner Name Of Signer :  ( COMODO SHA-1 Time Stamping Signer : Signing Time: ( December 5, 2018  11:01:59 AM )