Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Ruby Rose looks every inch the modern superhero as Batwoman
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...hotos.html        PICTURED: Ruby Rose looks every inch the modern superhero as Batwoman in first photos from The CW's Elseworlds
By HEIDI PARKER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and DEMETER STAMELL FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 22:19 EST, 29 November 2018 | UPDATED: 02:41 EST, 30 November 2018     The first promotional photos of Ruby Rose as Batwoman were released last month.

And on Thursday, the actress herself shared early screenshots of herself in role, from the upcoming CW crossover show Elseworlds.

The first image shows Ruby wearing her black Batwoman costume and a pink wig, as The Flash (Stephen Amell) stands close by.    Causing trouble: The second image features a more menacing Batwoman standing on a dark street alongside Green Arrow, with bodies lying on the road behind them

The second image features a more menacing Batwoman standing on a dark street alongside Arrow (Grant Gustin), with bodies lying on the road behind them.   Ruby will first appear as Batwoman in the DC crossover event, before starring in the film series that is currently in development.

She also plays Batwoman's alter ego Kate Kane.     Looking good! Ruby will first appear as Batwoman in the DC crossover event Elseworlds, before starring in the film series that is currently in development

In September, Ruby offered a sneak peak at her martial arts training, which is likely part of her preparations for the role.

The model-turned-actress, 32, looked to be in serious Zen mode as she followed her instructor's every move and direction. 

The Orange is the New Black star dressed in a white robe and matching pants, and wrapped a black belt around her waist.   It's on! In September, Rose offered a sneak peak at her martial arts training, which is likely part of her preparations for the role

The casting of Ruby as Batwoman is historic, as it will make her the first openly gay lead in a live-action superhero series.

'The Bat is out of the bag and I am beyond thrilled and honoured,' she wrote on Instagram in August.

'I'm also an emotional wreck because this is a childhood dream.'    She added: 'This is something I would have died to have seen on TV when I was a young member of the LGBT community who never felt represented on TV and felt alone and different.' 

Ruby began her career as a model, DJ, and television presenter on MTV Australia.

She eventually turned to acting and rose to prominence in the U.S. with her role in seasons three and four of Netflix series Orange Is the New Black beginning in 2015.

She went on to star in large action films like Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016), xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017) and John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017).  Breaking down barriers: The casting of Ruby as Batwoman is historic, as it will make her the first openly gay lead in a live-action superhero series. Pictured on August 10, 2018 in Miami