Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Microsoft Cortana Boss Leaving the Software Giant
https://news.softpedia.com/news/microsof...3650.shtml        Microsoft Cortana Boss Leaving the Software Giant
Javier Soltero joined Microsoft when it bought Acompli
Nov 7, 2018 07:40 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa ·                  
Cortana in Windows 10
Microsoft’s upper management changes continue, as Javier Soltero has recently confirmed that he is leaving the company.

In a series of tweets earlier today, Soltero doesn’t provide any specifics regarding the reason for his departure.

“I've made the decision to leave Microsoft. The past 4 years have been an incredible experience. I'm humbled to have been a part of building something that 100M+ users depend on every day and grateful to have worked with some amazing people,” he tweeted.

“I am deeply optimistic that Microsoft will continue to grow by building great products for people around the world. I'm grateful to have learned so much about what it really takes to have massive scale success & look forward to putting these lessons to work on something new.”

The Acompli adventure
Soltero joined Microsoft back in 2014 when the software giant took over Acompli. At that point, Acompli was making one of the most advanced mobile email clients, and Microsoft used the acquisition to overhaul the Outlook email app and bring it to where it is today on both iOS and Android.

Soltero was eventually appointed the head of Outlook as the Acompli team moved to Microsoft, and earlier this year he became the new head of digital assistant Cortana.

While no details have been provided as to why Soltero is leaving Microsoft, earlier this year it was speculated that the Redmond-based software giant is planning new changes for Cortana that would eventually include more departures too.

Cortana would no longer be part of the AI and Research unit, as Microsoft now sees it as a mature product, so it’ll be included in the Experience & Devices product team. As part of the transition, Cortana would also receive more enterprise-focused features, though how the digital assistant will improve is something we’ll have to wait and see after the management changes are complete.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Better than the Microsoft Store: Ingenious software hub for Windows tarekma7 0 1,355 01-26-2023 , 07:20 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Microsoft Ready to Replace Google If the Search Giant Leaves Australia mrtrout 0 919 02-02-2021 , 07:33 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Microsoft Secretly Includes Telemetry Software Updates tarekma7 0 1,482 09-13-2019 , 09:41 PM
  Microsoft contractors are listening to select Skype calls and Cortana recordings tarekma7 0 1,788 08-09-2019 , 10:18 PM