Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Says Google’s Power Is Out of Control
https://news.softpedia.com/news/former-m...0938.shtml           Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Says Google’s Power Is Out of Control
They should be regulated, Ballmer says in interview
May 2, 2018 09:59 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa ·  Share:      
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in a recent interview that the European Union must regulate Google’s domination on the Old Continent in order to “permit competition.”

Ballmer, who’s been the leader of the world’s number one software company from 2000 to 2014, discussed Google’s domination in Europe in interviews with Bloomberg and CNBC, explaining that this was exactly what he thought when he was Microsoft CEO.

“I still believe that the … power of Google in Europe is out of control,” he said. “I think they should be regulated to permit competition. I thought that when I worked at Microsoft; I still believe it. Microsoft has backed off from that. That’s new leadership’s perspective. But I absolutely think there’s a problem, and the Europeans were on to an appropriate form of regulation.”

Ballmer no longer a Twitter shareholder
Ballmer also revealed that he recently sold his shares in Twitter, choosing instead to keep his Microsoft stock. The reason for selling his Twitter stake pretty much comes down to Ballmer’s long-term focus, as he thinks he doesn’t have the time to be part of the investing business.

He praised Twitter in the interview, adding that he’s certain the social network will continue to grow in the coming years.

“I sold really because I decided investing money is not my business,” Ballmer said. “I'm in index funds, I'm in Microsoft — it keeps my life simpler. I think Twitter will succeed and it will move forward, but I simplified my life and I got out at a very nice price.”

Ballmer is currently the owner of NBA team Los Angeles Clippers and is one of the largest individual shareholders at Microsoft. He purchased Twitter shares a few years ago at about $25 per share and sold them at approximately $35 a share.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Defender flags Google Chrome updates as suspicious Imran 0 909 04-23-2022 , 03:02 PM
Last Post: Imran
  Microsoft Says the New Microsoft Edge Will Support All Google Chrome Extensions mrtrout 2 2,899 12-10-2018 , 10:56 PM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Microsoft Confirms It’s Building Its Own Google Chrome Browser mrtrout 0 2,098 12-10-2018 , 03:26 AM
  Mozilla Not Happy That Microsoft Is Building a Google Chrome Browser mrtrout 0 2,036 12-10-2018 , 03:25 AM
  Microsoft Outbid Google in the Fight for GitHub mrtrout 0 1,918 06-07-2018 , 03:49 AM