Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Forum Spammers
Just want everyone to know that I am watching out on all new registrations for spammers. Below is an example of the amount of individuals recently trying.

Mike

[Image: DP8r0XT.png]
I do not understand why they do it? :huh:
(12-22-2019 , 05:05 PM)Igoreha Wrote: I do not understand why they do it? :huh:

Because they have nothing better to do than mess with people. One of the most obnoxious aspects of being a forum owner, site owner, or blog owner is spam. Anytime your site is interactive like having a forum, or a blog with comments, you open yourself up to potential junk.
I do not understand even when the participants of the forum to create a second account?

This is due to the forum administration. It's not fair! I myself was the moderator. Therefore I refused.
(12-22-2019 , 05:43 PM)Igoreha Wrote: I do not understand even when the participants of the forum to create a second account?

This is due to the forum administration. It's not fair! I myself was the moderator. Therefore I refused.

I am not sure what you are talking about if you have a need to chat just visit the chatbox.
(12-22-2019 , 05:47 PM)Mike Wrote:
(12-22-2019 , 05:43 PM)Igoreha Wrote: I do not understand even when the participants of the forum to create a second account?

I am not sure what you are talking about if you have a need to chat just visit the chatbox.

I expressed a personal opinion from my own experience. This does not affect your forum.
Thumb
Mike, You are letting secrets be known here,
How the spammers and more than one Id on Promo2day are found out about.
(12-22-2019 , 07:26 PM)scolli23 Wrote: Mike, You are letting secrets be known here,
How the spammers and more than one Id on Promo2day are found out about.

It's not a secret all forums use plugins for these type of things.
[Image: gross-kid-snacks-8.jpg]
Let's send some of the original stuff back to them.
One taste and they will learn to stay away from us.  Tongue
(SPAM helped beat Hitler and win World War II.)
from Wikipedia.com

Spam was introduced by Hormel on July 5, 1937.  The Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America states that the product was intended to increase the sale of pork shoulder which was not a very popular cut. Ken Daigneau, brother of a company executive, won a $100 prize that year in a competition to name the new item. Hormel claims that the meaning of the name "is known by only a small circle of former Hormel Foods executives", but popular beliefs are that the name is an abbreviation of "spiced ham." The difficulty of delivering fresh meat to the front during World War II saw Spam become a ubiquitous part of the U.S. soldier's diet. It became variously referred to as "ham that didn't pass it's physical", "meatloaf without basic training" and "Special Army Meat". Over 150 million pounds (68 kt) of Spam were purchased by the military before the war's end.

During World War II and the occupations which followed, Spam was introduced into GuamHawaiiOkinawa, the Philippines, and other islands in the Pacific. Immediately absorbed into native diets, it has become a unique part of the history and effects of U.S. influence in the Pacific islands.

As a consequence of World War II rationing and the Lend-Lease Act, Spam also gained prominence in the United Kingdom. British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher later referred to it as a "wartime delicacy." In addition to increasing production for the U.K., Hormel expanded Spam output as part of Allied aid to the similarly beleaguered Soviet Union. In his memoir Khrushchev RemembersNikita Khrushchev declared: "Without Spam, we wouldn't have been able to feed our army." Throughout the war, countries ravaged by the conflict and faced with strict food rations came to appreciate Spam.
The billionth can of Spam was sold in 1959, the seven billionth can was sold in 2007, and the eight billionth can was sold in 2012.