Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Increase Chrome Download speed.
Copy and paste into Chrome browser address bar. 

chrome://flags/#enable-parallel-downloading

Google Chrome 64 Adds Parallel Download Feature to Accelerate Download Speeds
Google Chrome browser on Android is constantly getting better with new features being added each day. Google Chrome 63 recently rolled out to the stable channel and added support for Android Oreo‘s smart text selection feature. We also recently found evidence that the browser would soon support HDR video playback and a custom download folder, but we also discovered another feature that is rolling out to Chrome 64 and above: parallel download. This feature accelerates download speeds by creating parallel jobs to handle the download.
This should theoretically increase download speeds in Google Chrome for Android, though I don’t have any numbers on how much it will help. According to the commit, the parallel download feature is activated when a download is active for longer than 2 seconds. The feature creates 3 parallel jobs to speed up the download. The commit mentions that the feature will be enabled for 100% of users running Chrome version 64 and above. That means anyone running one of Chrome Dev, Chrome Canary, or a nightly Chromium build will have this feature enabled by default, with Chrome Beta and Chrome Stable to follow sometime afterwards.
If you would like to test this feature out right now on Chrome Beta, you can enable the flag by copying and pasting this line into your address bar.
From this site: XDA Developers  Android experts.
BTW-  I tried on my desktop PC and it seems faster download now using chrome Smile
is new for me. will try soon  Big Grin
Nice, Thanks for sharing information, I will definitely try this method next time when I will download large and multiple files in google chrome.
I hope this feature will be available in Chrome on pc