Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Free Eset Internet Security 10 for 12 months
I had the same problem. I also entered the licence number again and got confirmation the key was accepted, but the same 'check your licence' message appears afterwards and the same error message to check if my licence is valid, and the virus signature database does not download. 
(09-21-2017 , 11:08 PM)Mike Wrote: I had the same problem. I also entered the licence number again and got confirmation the key was accepted, but the same 'check your licence' message appears afterwards and the same error message to check if my licence is valid, and the virus signature database does not download. 

Thanks for posting, Mike. In the past I had ESET in offices and found it to be great. But I'm happy to try Kaspersky Free. And Kaspersky's anti-ransomware scored quite highly in a video review on YouTube (probably not 100% but one of the best). So, I'm switching to Kaspersky Free and hope they keep it free.

On the other hand, someone I know won't put any AV on his laptop and hasn't for years. So far he's fine. I don't recommend that but all's well...apparently!

Also, I sometimes wonder what the risk is when uninstalling one AV and reinstalling another or the same one. There's some minutes when there's no AV installed. Unless you've got Voodoo Shield or another anti-exe up and running, perhaps a trojan or virus could launch even in that interim period. Just a thought - could be wrong.
Given most AV's do scan immediately after installing its highly likely any thing malicious running in between will be caught, unless I decide to give it a few days before installing new av. I usually uninstall, disconnect from net & restart but don't install new av straight away, do defrag jobs etc, make a backup image. Then in the evening install new av & scan. Hardly any threat shows, a few false positives sometimes. Don't plug in usb or ext hdds either in the in between period. Secondary AM program like malwarebytes/emsisoft remain active during th e period anyway. Zemana/Heimdal as 3rd line of defense...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway Kaspersky Total Security 2021 for 3 months for free tarekma7 11 4,331 09-24-2023 , 04:45 PM
Last Post: Igoreha
  Giveaway Bitdefender Total Security 6 Months Free Mike 18 3,271 09-19-2023 , 01:56 PM
Last Post: zevish
  Giveaway ESET NOD32 Internet Security Free Sasha 11 2,170 02-13-2023 , 04:59 PM
Last Post: Igoreha
  Giveaway Bitdefender Total Security 3 Months! brownie 1 522 10-23-2022 , 02:26 AM
Last Post: ahmed
  ESET Internet Security - 90 Days Free Mike 7 2,941 09-22-2022 , 01:15 AM
Last Post: clyde