Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Fake Norton/McAfee Tech Support Scam | "You're the stupidest person I know"

Published on May 29, 2017
After a few weeks of hiatus I'm back with another Tech Support Scam company and this one attempts to imitate over 20 different companies. The Scam in this one is pretty generic with nothing new however the Scammer did ask for payment to be made through PaySafe Card - which before doing this call I had never heard of. The Scammer first-off straight up lied about Network Access Protection (NAP) and also claimed Windows Defenders was in-active - in reality it was working fine. The Scammer also used the most original trick in the book being the Tree Command and claimed I had a "Trojan" on my machine - he then also went into Event Viewer and lied about the "Errors and Warnings" also. The Scammer in the end tried to charge me over a £100 for services I didn't need. When I confronted the Scammer he claimed I was "stupid" for not knowing what the "Anti-Hacking Tool" was and of course it doesn't exist. The rhetoric continued before the coward Scammer eventually gave up in usual fashion.

Information on the company:
Name of Agent: Unknown
Website Url: There are over 20 of them!
Number Called: 0800-069-8567 (Works with Skype)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:
The purpose of this video is to raise awareness of 'Scamming'. Scamming is the illegal practice of deliberately misdiagnosing errors and/or issues with individuals' personal computers in order to convince those individuals to pay (often large sums of money) for software and services that innocent individuals do not need.

This video in no way focuses on specific ethnic, religious, political or social groups or individuals. No offence is intended.

Scamming is illegal, no matter who does it and where in the world they do it. Hopefully, by watching this video, potential victims of Scamming can avoid the time, cost and embarrassment of being lied to and taken advantage of.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Holiday Guide to Tech Support: Fixing the Family Computer mrtrout 0 433 01-01-2022 , 06:51 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Fake TSA PreCheck sites scam US travelers with fake renewals mrtrout 0 487 11-20-2021 , 11:55 PM
  Tech support scammer dialed random number and Australian Police’s cybercrime squad an mrtrout 0 1,286 11-07-2020 , 01:41 AM
  Three tech-support scammers charged with ripping off the elderly tarekma7 0 1,615 05-29-2019 , 11:43 PM
Last Post: tarekma7