Poll: Which is your favorite?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Avira
4.17%
1 4.17%
Kaspersky
37.50%
9 37.50%
Bitdefender
0%
0 0%
AVG
4.17%
1 4.17%
Avast
4.17%
1 4.17%
360 Security
0%
0 0%
Panda
0%
0 0%
ESET
16.67%
4 16.67%
Adaware
0%
0 0%
Comodo
4.17%
1 4.17%
Dr.Web
4.17%
1 4.17%
Emsisoft
12.50%
3 12.50%
F-Secure
0%
0 0%
McAfee
0%
0 0%
Sophos
0%
0 0%
Symantec
8.33%
2 8.33%
Webroot
4.17%
1 4.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Security Software Battle
Star 
Vote for your favorite security suite or solution and please include a reason why.

If your vote isn't here, it will be added. Reply with your votes and reasons please! Big Grin
My vote is Kaspersky because of very good protection and not heavy on resources. Thumb
My Vote Kaspersky

IMHO, Kaspersky is a SOLID product for both novices & experts.

Kaspersky protection modules are effective, especially "System Watcher" & "Application Control", both are effective proactive protection against zero-day threats & ransomware.
IMO, Kaspersky is a product with smart technologies.

Kaspersky default settings are good & effective for average or novice users. You just need to enable PUP protection that comes disabled by default.

Note - Application Control is not there in Kaspersky Anti-Virus, its only in higher version Internet Security & Total Security.

Avast Free - If Free AV, Avast is good for average users. Good protection & easy to use. 

My personal favorite, Comodo

Comodo beats the hell out of any/all free/paid security solution, & kicks "a**" of malware & ransomware with its Auto-Sandbox technology.
You need to know how to use Comodo. If you know how to use it, then you wouldn't find a better security solution, & especially for free.
I voted for comodo best free security suite & best free firewall too
edit:i vote for ESET

for me SpyShelter Firewall is best Heart
you take control on every dangerous action Heart
even you learn how virus work Heart 
and really don't use your system resource and fast Heart
I chose Norton Internet Security from Symantec because:
- is a comprehensive antivirus from Symantec to protect your computer and vital information from all types of Internet threats.
- you can safely use online banking, online shopping, and communicate in a network, while also ensuring the safety the activity of children on the Internet
- smart two-way firewall prevents unauthorized access to your home network by blocking incoming traffic determined to be potentially dangerous. 
- blocks web sites that use "phishing" to steal personal information and credit card numbers. 
- does not load the operating system
- Norton Power Eraser cleans your computer from deeply embedded and difficult to remove threats
- pulse updates of virus signatures Norton Internet Security occur every 5-15 minutes without interrupting their work
for many years there was no visible contamination of the system malware,
- intuitive interface,
- has nebolshoy size (about 130 MB) and a small local database of signatures,which kompensiruet technology cloud protection.
I use Kaspersky Internet Security.
 complex Antivirus of Kaspersky which offers expanded opportunities: Safe payments, Virtual keyboard, Parental control and Control of programs.

The new version provides complex protection against all types of malicious applications and Internet threats at the expense of a combination of cloud, pro-active and anti-virus computing which efficiency is confirmed with the numerous testings held by independent laboratories AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST, MRG Effitas.

A set of functions and tools of safety includes everything for protection of the computer, important data and online activity from the known and new threats, the network and roguish attacks, spam and other undesirable information.
My vote is Kaspersky (Total Security) because it has great protection and I have been using since 2010.
my vote for eset although not the no 1 now
but lighter and powerful

i tried many bitdefender avast avg drweb powerful but not light on system

i think kaspersky is the best but i did not try it
I use webroot for the home desktop & laptop so went for it. Granted most call it webroot insecure everywhere but has worked well for me, small size & hardly any resource grabber.

Bitdefender is the best rn.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BitDefender vs McAfee – Which Anti-Virus Software is Better for Security? mrtrout 0 1,155 01-14-2022 , 12:41 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  500 million systems run Bitdefender security software worldwide mrtrout 0 982 02-04-2021 , 11:50 PM
  Business Choice Awards 2019: Security Software tarekma7 0 1,479 06-26-2020 , 09:28 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Hardware and software requirements of Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 tarekma7 0 2,547 04-20-2018 , 10:56 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  EMSISOFT Security Software Releases [Nov, 30, 2017] mrtrout 0 1,460 11-30-2017 , 09:37 PM