Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Windows 10 Creators Update Users Complaining About Windows Defender Warning Icon
http://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-1...4857.shtml    Windows 10 Creators Update Users Complaining About Windows Defender Warning Icon
Yellow triangle not working as it’s supposed to, they say
Apr 13, 2017 12:17 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa ·  Share:      
Windows Defender becomes the Windows Defender Security Center in the new Windows 10 Creator Update, and although this is quite a substantial step for the built-in antivirus solution, it comes with some features that make less sense for a number of users.

For example, the yellow exclamation mark that shows up in the system tray whenever Windows Defender requires attention isn’t working exactly as expected, especially in the case of users who specifically adjusted Windows 10 settings that the antivirus considers to have an impact on system performance.

A forum discussion on Microsoft Community reveals that some users are seeing the warning icon even when changing brightness settings, while others claim they get the notification because of battery settings even though they are using a PC.

Warning icon showing up for no reason
In some cases, the yellow warning icon shows up because the sleeping feature is disabled, and without an option to block it from appearing again for specific settings, it’s easy to see why users are getting increasingly frustrated with it.

“Do I have to set my screen brightness of my monitor to 99% to make it go away? Ha! The other notice is about sleep being disabled, I never put my desktop to sleep so this recommendation must go too!  (I do have it set to shutdown if the battery ever gets too low while on it, so that should be detected in lieu of the sleep setting!)” one user asks.

“Similar issue here. Our VPN client uses a ‘virtual NIC’ that is disabled until a VPN connection is established. Defender identifies this as an issue and maintains the yellow warning symbol. Obviously, this behavior completely eliminates the usefulness of the notification icon because I'm now forced to ignore the warning light,” another one adds.

Without a doubt, this is just a minor bug that Microsoft can fix quite easily, but one could only wonder how come that the company didn’t deal with it before actually launching the Creators Update.
hmm, that's why never install microsoft big update rollout quickly   Tongue
first wait and watch its compatibility and update after getting fixes for most common problems  Big Grin
gdant : you better wait till 01 May this year for VLSC version to be given for Windows 10 !
(04-15-2017 , 07:20 PM)hakah Wrote: gdant : you better wait till 01 May this year for VLSC version to be given for Windows 10 !
what does that mean? Like what's the benefit of it.
i think volume licensing is different from retail version??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Porsche to Upgrade All Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 mrtrout 1 1,864 09-20-2018 , 07:59 PM
Last Post: waltar
  Windows 10 April 2018 Update Now Fully Available Worldwide mrtrout 0 2,517 06-14-2018 , 09:28 PM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Microsoft Blocks Windows 10 April 2018 Update on Toshiba SSDs Due to Battery Bug mrtrout 0 1,976 05-13-2018 , 08:54 PM
  Microsoft Under Fire for Re-Installing Windows 10 Bloatware After Every Update mrtrout 0 1,863 05-13-2018 , 08:53 PM
  Google Chrome Freezes in Windows 10 April 2018 Update tarekma7 0 1,835 05-02-2018 , 08:55 PM
Last Post: tarekma7