Greetings From Horizon DataSys
Welcome Kurtis !
Thank you for licenses giveaway.
Welcome to the forum promo2day Kurtis!  Smile
Welcome to the forum Kurtis and thanks for joining.
Welcome to promo2day Kurtis and for Horizon DataSys Devs too  Clap
Welcome here, Kurtis. This is definitely a good place to be. Enjoy your stay here. Congrats for the very good software you`re producing. In the meantime we are waiting for the RollBack Rx giveaway results.  Big Grin  Oh no

I have one technical question though: how much space would require the initial baseline of Rollback for a 30 GB of data to be snapshotted? Thanks a lot in advance and keep up the good work!
Hope this will help you. Smile

Attached Files
.pdf   How Rollback Calculate Disk Space.pdf (Size: 316.97 KB / Downloads: 23)
Hi and welcome to Promo2day. Smile
(01-31-2017 , 02:19 PM)scot Wrote: Hope this will help you. Smile

Thanks, scot but this paper doesn`t answer my question. I want to know how is calculated the baseline snapshot. There is the real issue not to the following snapshots and they intelligently avoid this issue.  Smile In my opinion the initial baseline snapshot is huge.
(01-31-2017 , 08:34 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote:
(01-31-2017 , 02:19 PM)scot Wrote: Hope this will help you. Smile

Thanks, scot but this paper doesn`t answer my question. I want to know how is calculated the baseline snapshot. There is the real issue not to the following snapshots and they intelligently avoid this issue.  Smile In my opinion the initial baseline snapshot is huge.

You might want to send Kurtis a pm or email dino.
This was the reply to a similar question in HDS forum by Sam Smith.

'Do note that the first "Installation Snapshot" or "Baseline Snapshot" size does not indicate the size of the snapshot, but rather how much data on the drive the snapshot is protecting. The snapshot size will be roughly 10% of that.'