12-14-2016 , 09:09 AM
Used by tens of millions of satisified customers around the globe, PowerArchiver 2016 offers the best file compression on the market today. Don't let the familiar, intuitive interface fool you -- underneath the hood, PowerArchiver 2016 rocks full integration with Windows Explorer, multiple encryption methods, and advanced compression algorithms. With support for all popular compression formats, PowerArchiver 2016 is the last compression app you'll ever need!
There's a huge list of things to love about PowerArchiver 2016. You can preview many file types directly in the app without having to open an archive. Plus, there's full support for Windows 10 (the first archiver to do so), as well as all of your legacy Windows OS installations going all the way back to Windows 98. But the very best part? The highly advanced ZIP engine!
PowerArchiver 2016's ZIP format support just BLOWS the competition away! The multicore engine runs up to 400% faster than single core systems on quad computers, and you'll be amazed at the superior speeds of zip compression and extraction jobs. There's full support for the ZIPX format, plus LZMA, XZ, JPEG, PPMd, BZIP2 and WAVPACK in ZIP/ZIPX and full compatibility with Winzip 19.5! You can even use the open source 7-Zip advanced compression format. Are you a RAR loyalist? PowerArchiver 2016 boasts the fastest RAR extraction engine on the market!
But that's not all! Here's a taste of what else you get with Power Archiver 2016:
- Full Windows 10 support with jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays.
- Need to compress databases, Outlook .pst files, or any other proprietary filetype? PowerArchiver 2016 offers exclusive support for VSS (volume shadow support), a feature typically only available in enterprise backup software.
- Has excellent support for the 7-Zip compression format. Not only is 7-Zip fullyopen-source, it also outperforms ZIP, RAR, and ACE in many tests!
- PowerArchiver 2016 supports over 50 formats and it has 10 different tools such as Multi Extract, Archive Converter and more. PowerArchiver 2016 features PowerArchiver Mini that integrates into Windows Explorer Preview window and lets you quickly extract files from Windows Explorer interface!
- PowerArchiver has pioneered advanced Shell Extensions that let you compress, extract and encrypt files using one click from directly within Windows Explorer.
- Features Compression Profiles that store frequently used compression settings.