Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
DriverMax Review
DriverMax pro
DriverMax is a driver monitor utility which helps in maintaining and keeping your system drivers up-to date so that you never compromise on security and drivers failures.

Features:
Auto-populate the drivers list on your system
Auto-search for outdated, faulty drivers
Download and install the requested drivers automatically
Easy backup and restore of the old driver if some driver fails on update
Support different ways of drivers backup/restore if one way fails to do it

Details:
Company Website: Innovative Solutions http://www.innovative-sol.com/
Product website: http://www.drivermax.com/
Download Url: http://www.drivermax.com/soft/dmx/drivermax.exe
Download Size: 5.7 MB
Latest Version Release: 9.12
Platform Supported: Windows (both 32 bit and 64 bit) -> Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Price: Free ; Paid              For details on the comparison visit http://www.drivermax.com/download.htm or check the image below

[Image: eCSgH2P.png]

Pricelist:

[Image: TiJ2bir.png]

Languages Supported: 

[Image: GIwkmS5.png]

Review:

With the time, our system, starts slowing down and one of the reason is because of outdated/corrupted drivers. DriverMax, a driver update utility, provides you the comprehensive solution for all of your trouble to search for right driver, backup old working drivers, etc. It automatically search and download the best fit drivers for your system and update them. It also helps in managing backup for old ones. If you have to reinstall windows then just backup the current working drivers and reinstall them after windows install again.
It even notifies you when an update is present by pop-up like

[Image: P2HDVqz.png]

Now let’s go through all the features of DriverMax in more details

After completing the installation, it asks for the languages to choose as program supports 8 different languages.

[Image: 1y6MSat.png]

Now here you go, you are welcomed by the splash screen of DriverMax pro which is quite good and have pleasant dark theme

[Image: XqkpbsU.png]

The Home UI window is quite good and clean which gives you the summary details about your system and on the bottom side you get the status of how many drivers are outdated, up to date and also shows that some unknown device drivers that can’t be found. On the right side you have button to scan the drivers status by connecting to DriverMax online database (required internet connection). 

[Image: 2Ab2qKs.png]

The second tool tab “Driver Updates” gives you more details about the drivers that needs to update with the count floating icon to show how many drivers requires update. If you haven’t on the automatically download feature then you need to select the drivers which you want to update. Here, the driver update info has the update version available with name. The red floating icon shows how many devices on your system rely on this driver. On the right you have update button as default action button, but if you open the menu then you can even see the matching devices and ignore update feature which also required if there is some issue with the latest driver and you want DriverMax not to auto-manage that driver. Also, if you see green tickmark which indicates that the driver is upto date and no action is required for it. 

[Image: IH2mBEo.png]

The third tool tab is of Backup tab which gives two ways to save your system if some driver fail/issue happens. First is the default windows system restore point creation which will restore back to any previous saved state. The better option is creating the archive for the latest installed version of that driver, so you yourself don’t need to check manually recent version and do it. Note that the first backup method is system wide and gives more backup reliability while the latter is just only archive.

[Image: Szxek8Q.png]

The fourth tab is Restore Tab, where you manage to restore the driver to some previous state if needed. Here, you have more variety of ways. The first method is to restore using System Restore point. If you have created the archive then you can use the use the second option “Restore from previous backup” option. The third option “Rollback driver” is also system based which can rollback to one previous version install of that driver. The fourth is “Restore using previous download” looks for the previous version download for that driver and if found then it will overwrite the current driver installation and replace newer version with the older files. I would recommend to use the first three first and if there is no option then goto 4th option.

[Image: uphKxwQ.png]

The last tab is of “Settings” where you can manage your account (you need account if you are pro user).

[Image: wX6OezZ.png]

You can also tweak how often do you want DriverMax to check for updates and auto-download the drivers.

[Image: 5zdG1F5.png]

If you want to manage your ignore drivers then goto “Ignore Devices

[Image: aYuAmxA.png]

If you find DriverMax a worthy tool then you can goto Purchase tab and here you will get the prices with latest offers on them.

[Image: HJ07l1D.png]

Last one “Program update” is to check if a newer version of Drivermax is available or not.

[Image: VcSVKMN.png]

The system bar icon is a nice tri color icon and on right click either you can open DriverMax tool or can exit if you don’t want DriverMax to monitor your system.

[Image: VcSVKMN.png]

Final Verdict: DriverMax pro is an essential update utility which helps you in keeping your drivers up to date. The one time lifetime licence is cheaper as one year antivirus solution price but will helps you in maintaining your PC for higher performance and stability for life.
Very good review, thanks for derail receiw.

Thumb
Thanks for this software - I could not find it for quite a while it seam to suddenly uninstalled it self?

Big Grin
(12-09-2016 , 06:19 PM)yoyo Wrote: Thanks for this software - I could not find it for quite a while it seam to suddenly uninstalled it self?

Big Grin

ohh, it should not be..was it installed properly..tell me the situation may be I can help you out.. It is better than windows 10 update for drivers as sometime it push some wrong update to my system making my system crash sometimes.
thank you very much for professional review Heart
Thanks for the review, gdant. Is this software really effective and it really finds the right and the latest drivers?
(12-09-2016 , 09:36 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote: Thanks for the review, gdant. Is this software really effective and it really founds the right and the latest drivers?
I need to explore it more before answering your question..wait for sometime.
Good review. Thanks.
Thanks for the review enjoyed reading.
(12-09-2016 , 09:36 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote: Thanks for the review, gdant. Is this software really effective and it really finds the right and the latest drivers?
I checked for some drivers especially most trivial driver IMEI (intel management engine interface ), and DriverMax seems to be more effective. Just to give you demonstration with one example writing this  Tongue 
The latest version for IMEI is 11.x and I did the driver update using default windows update it installs some incorrect version (don't remeber exact version) making my pc not to sleep or hibernate. The common fix was to rollback to previous version and disable update to that driver via windows update. I was using version 9.x driver, but I tried to install the latest version by DriverMax utility and it update successfully and even those issues (not going to hibernate) are not present. I tried other drivers update too and till all drivers seems to work fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Promo2day Review DriverMax: Keep your drivers up to date tarekma7 3 4,727 05-14-2020 , 05:32 PM
Last Post: Giovy69