Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/19...placement/      Announcing Beta of Malwarebytes 3.0, a Next-Generation Antivirus Replacement

Started by RubbeR DuckY, Thursday at 09:59 AM

mb3

2 posts in this topic
RubbeR DuckY

Marcin
    Topic Starter
    RubbeR DuckY
    Root Admin
    4,215 posts

ID: 1   Posted Thursday at 09:59 AM (edited)

Today we have released the beta of our next-generation product, Malwarebytes 3.0! This product is built to provide comprehensive protection against today’s threat landscape so that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus.

Our engineers have spent the last year building this product from the ground up and have combined our Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection, and Remediation technologies all into a single product which we simply call “Malwarebytes.” And it scans your computer 3-4 times faster!

When we launch Malwarebytes 3.0, we are confident that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus, thanks to our innovative and layered approach to preventing malware infections using a healthy combination of proactive and signature-less technologies. While signatures are still effective against threats like potentially unwanted programs, the majority of our malware detection events already come from our signature-less technologies like our Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware; that trend will only continue to grow. For many of you, this is something you already know, since over 50% of our customers already run Malwarebytes as their sole security software, without any third-party antivirus. But rest assured, we will continue to support compatibility if you choose to use a third-party antivirus or other security software alongside Malwarebytes 3.0.

With the combination of our Anti-Malware ($24.95), Anti-Exploit ($24.95) and Anti-Ransomware (free, beta) technologies, we will be selling Malwarebytes 3.0 at $39.99 per computer per year, 20% less than our previous products combined and 33% less than an average traditional antivirus. As we did with our change from perpetual to subscription, we will grandfather in existing customers at their current price. We are still working out the details, but I assure you we will take care of all existing customers. As always, we will be keeping malware remediation absolutely free.

If you have any questions, please read the short FAQ below first and then ask away in this forum! Remember, this is beta software and should be used with caution.

Malwarebytes 3.0 beta download: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/50ejcgpvq...trxeftjm8w
Edited 3 hours ago by RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY

Marcin
    Topic Starter
    RubbeR DuckY
    Root Admin
    4,215 posts

ID: 2   Posted 3 hours ago

Frequently Asked Questions

So, I can replace my traditional antivirus?
Yes! As I said above, over 50% of our customers already have too. We believe in layered defense and built Malwarebytes 3.0 to provide the right mix of proactive and signature-less technologies to combat modern threats and zero-day malware. The combination of our Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection, and Remediation technologies has you better covered than the traditional antivirus companies that charge more for less effective protection.

Can I still run Malwarebytes alongside my Symantec or McAfee?
Certainly! We built Malwarebytes 3.0 to be compatible with all major antivirus software, even Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials.

How do I try the beta of Malwarebytes 3.0 if I also have Anti-Exploit or Anti-Ransomware installed?
Simply download and run the installer from the link above. Malwarebytes 3.0 will automatically remove the old Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware and upgrade them all to Malwarebytes 3.0.

Which Operating Systems does Malwarebytes 3.0 work under?
We continue to support all versions from Windows XP to the latest Windows 10. Our Anti-Ransomware technology is only enabled on Windows 7 or higher.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/72df4.../analysis/  SHA256:     72df49f68333d6825987e23e3ccf5d1644a6063d8ca43ffedfca742fe82037fc
File name:     mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.2.1175.exe
Detection ratio:     0 / 55
Analysis date:     2016-11-14 23:16:08 UTC ( 1 hour, 13 minutes ago )
Copyright
 2016 Malwarebytes. All Rights Reserved.

Product Malwarebytes
File version 3.0.2.1175
Description Malwarebytes
Comments This installation was built with Inno Setup.
Signature verification Signed file, verified signature
Signing date 11:45 PM 11/11/2016
Signers     
[+] Malwarebytes Corporation
[+] DigiCert Assured ID Code Signing CA-1
[+] DigiCert
Counter signers     
[+] DigiCert Timestamp Responder
[+] DigiCert Assured ID CA-1
[+] DigiCert
Packers identified
F-PROT INNO, appended
 VirusTotal metadata
First submission 2016-11-14 23:16:08 UTC ( 1 hour, 13 minutes ago )
Last submission 2016-11-14 23:16:08 UTC ( 1 hour, 13 minutes ago )
File names     mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.2.1175.exe
Thanks for the share. 

Just hoping they continue to honor existing lifetime licenses for MBAM Premium
Downloaded and installed the beta version from the link given. I had lifetime license installed on my current system and when I install it it overwrite my existing version 2 and upgrade it to version 3. License still stated lifetime/never expired tho. Well at least for the time being I guess. Angel Angel
I will try it   Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Beta 8.1 Released mrtrout 0 868 02-11-2021 , 10:00 PM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Avast Free Antivirus & Premium Security 21.1.2445 Beta Released mrtrout 0 1,109 01-29-2021 , 03:43 AM
  AVG Antivirus Free 21.1.3158 Beta New Released mrtrout 0 850 01-19-2021 , 06:02 AM
  Avast Free Antivirus 21.1.2443 Beta (New) Released mrtrout 0 921 01-19-2021 , 05:56 AM
  Zonealarm Next Generation AV BETA GET A 1 YEAR LICENSE mrtrout 0 1,204 08-04-2020 , 04:08 PM